WordPress has become the “CMS” (Content Management System) of choice for many businesses, community groups and individuals. Its simplicity and ease-of-use fits well alongside our intentions of keeping IT simple, yet its power and flexibility mean it can support pretty much anything you need, or at least has a plugin that will.
We use WordPress for all of our sites, and have setup many sites for others using WordPress too. We even have hosting packages that come with it pre-installed, but all our packages have the option of adding WordPress in just a few clicks. Once installed it’s easy to use but there’s a wealth of information out there to help. Of course, a personal touch is often preferred, and we’ll give all the help and advice we can too.
S6 Connect has developer licences for many advanced WordPress plugins which we can make available to other WordPress sites hosted with us, and we also operate a managedSupport service on WordPress websites, which ensures the latest updates are always installed, spam is removed, and the site is kept in tip-top condition and regularly backed-up.
Our managed support application, WP-Connect, is currently only available on sites that we host, but we’ll be releasing this as a standalone service soon, providing the following additional support and service to WordPress users:
- Standard Services included:
- Core code, themes and plugins kept updated
- Daily and/or Weekly backups
- Spam removed from database for efficiency
- Regular database clean-up to for efficiency
- Access to additional plugins and tools
- Speedier resolution of code-related issues
- Malware and security scanning
- Optional Services available:
- Google Analytics & SEO monitoring
- Social Media integration & automation
- Link checking (internal and backlinks)
- Premium Themes and Plugins