We will be installing this update on all sites with a current maintenance package later today, which will mean sites are unavailable for two minutes as the update runs. If you do not have a WordPress maintenance service with us, then you should undertake this update yourself in the next few days.
We have also today been notified of a new vulnerability in the W3 Total Cache plugin. If you are using this, please update it urgently (no one on a managed plan has this, but of course if they did it would already be patched).
In other news…
Whilst we are only sending this email to people we know use WordPress, there are a few other bits of general information that may be of interest to you…
- G Suite users with “Team Drives” will see these renamed to “Shared Drives” shortly, and may need to update links accordingly.
- We are trialling a new email marketing application which should soon be available as an additional service (this email is being sent from that system to those who previously subscribed or where there is a legitimate interest).
- Office 365 icons have changed this week – don’t be too alarmed… nothing sinister has occurred 🙂
- Our Website Audit Report tool has been updated – get your free report today at s6connect.com/web-report
- We are working on some new training resources – now’s a great time to get requests and suggestions in!